About Me

If your reading this, your one of three people.

A professor, reading this was a part of my grade, in which I welcome you!

A fellow student, that this site was suggested to as an example.

Or a scholar, interested in my novice sociological work.

Or maybe your not! Maybe you happened upon this website and thought to stick around for the pretty colors. That’s okay too! Here’s a little tidbit about myself.

My name is Jhanaiya Smith-Butler. I am a current student at City College of New York. Double majoring in Business Management and Administration as well as Sociology, my intellectual interests are vast. My goal is to learn about the world, the social, psychological, philosophical, and metaphysical aspects of the world and apply my knowledge to better the lives of the oppressed and unfortunate.

I was born in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and I grew up on the impoverished side of the spectrum. As a result, I constantly moved with my family from state to state, urban to suburban areas, welcoming to racist communities, and I have learned enough as a child to know that the world can be terrible, but there are those people who seek to change the world.

One of the largest ways to do that is through my art. I minor in Studio art, a minor that I do not see many people who share my demographic. I use my art as a means of income, a source of catharsis, and a way to show the world messages they often do not want to hear.

Whatever brings you to my site, I welcome you with open arms and I hope you find what your looking for. Feel free to leave any comments or suggestion.

And always, always:

Be the change you wish to see in the world.